The We Did It organization (“WDI” or “we” or “our”) is actively working with families, and children aged 7 to 12, in the Calgary and surrounding areas, to provide accessible unique learning opportunities outside of school hours.
We Did It! respects your privacy. We adhere to all legislative requirements for protecting your personal information and privacy. We do not rent, sell, trade or share our mailing lists with any other organization.
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. The types of personal information that we may collect include, but is not limited to:
- Guardian’s name(s);
- Child’s name, date of birth, age, grade, gender;
- Contact information including:
- phone number;
- residential address;
- e-mail address;
- IP address; credit card information, money order or cheque;
- Responses to program-specific registration questions or surveys;
- Child’s medical information, including but not limited to, their allergies, medical symptoms and conditions; and
- Personal information you give us that we did not request (such as personal information you voluntarily put into an email to us or in a comments box on our Site).
2. Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
WDI may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Deliver our Services;
- Manage our
relationships and answer questions via:
- Manage our messaging and operations;
- Contact donors or potential donors for fundraising purposes;
- Facilitate and process your child’s registration for courses, events and services;
- Send emails with content or information on our products, programs and events;
- Grant access to third-party tools (including without limitation, to any WDI forums, tools, or information);
- Deliver and seek feedback on programs for which your child/children are currently registered or potentially interested in;
- Request opinions through surveys on additional offerings and programs
- Provide access to make donations or purchase items online;
- Issue tax receipts where applicable;
- Track communications to comply with CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation);
- Track the location of IP addresses to provide relevant content for users;
- Improve the Site and help us develop new services, tools and Site features;
- Segmentation for marketing; and
- As permitted or required by law
3. When Do We Collect Personal Information?
We may collect personal information it is voluntarily provided it to us. WDI may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- Use our Services;
- Register for programs;
- Make donations;
- Purchase an item from the Site;
- Pay program fee(s);
- Use third-party tools on the Site;
- Send a question or comment to WDI by email, phone, fax or through our Site;
- Communicate with WDI representatives by phone or in-person;
- Participate in an event organized by or associated with WDI;
- Post comments, messages or other content on our Site, including but not limited to, on our tools, blog, contact us page or other features of the Site that permit you to provide your own comments, messages and content;
- Register to receive electronic communications, such as our e-newsletter; and
- Participate in features of our Site that ask for personal information.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information
5. Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- when necessary to protect the safety, property or other rights of WDI, its representatives, and users of the Services, including to detect and protect fraud;
- with your consent; or
- when otherwise required or permitted by law.
Please note: If you voluntarily submit or post any information, photographs or other content to any WDI’s forums, Twitter pages, Facebook pages or other social networking pages/sites, your personal information is governed by those site’s policies and may be automatically included in the posting, including without limitation, your user name and email address. This information may be collected and used by others.
6. Data Processors in Other Countries
To provide you with Services, we may use service providers, data processors and other third parties (“Third Parties”) to perform services on our behalf. These Third Parties may store, process and transfer personal information on servers located outside of Canada in jurisdictions whose data protection laws may differ from those of Canada, which may include the United States of America. As a result, personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our Third Parties to maintain protections on personal information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
7. Links to Other Sites
8. Providing Credit Card Information on our Site
If you make a credit card payment through WDI, our suppliers request the information reasonably needed to complete the processing of the transaction. For one-time payments, when you provide payment information, such as credit card numbers, credit card security codes, name on your credit card and expiration dates, this data is directly transmitted from you to the credit card processing company.
9. Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technology
As you interact with the Services, automatic data collection technology may be used along with services that record and collect information that identifies your computer, tracks your use of this Site and collects certain other information about you and your surfing habits. This data collection technology may include cookies, web beacons and other similar devices on this Site to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your computer so that your computer will “remember” information when you visit a site. Web beacons and tags are small strings of code that are used in conjunction with a cookie and allow us to record activity on our Site. Internet tags, graphic tags and similar web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited specific pages or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons on this Site to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize this Site and improve your experience on the Site. WDI may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that are sent to determine which email messages were opened.
Information tracked through these mechanisms includes, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; (iii) the pages of the Site a user visits; and (iv) other sites a user visited before visiting this Site.
You can reject or disable cookies by managing your browser settings and following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s help file. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on this Site. Cookies and web beacons do not collect or contain your personal information.
We use the cookies to carry out frequency assessments, page usage assessments and marketing assessments. For these assessments, WDI utilizes this cookie information without a link to your personal information, so it is completely anonymous.
You can set your Internet browser up so that you are notified when cookies are stored, you can decide in each individual case whether you want to accept cookies, or you can refuse to accept any cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be restricted in how you are able to use our Site. You can delete cookies which are already stored on your hard disk at any time. You will find more details on how to do this in the operating guide for your Internet browser program.
10. Browsing Information
To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we maintain reasonable technical, physical and administrative security safeguards to protect your personal information.
12. Individual Access and Accuracy of Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information via the contact information set forth below, and we will respond within the time periods provided for under applicable laws. We will need to verify your identity before providing you with the personal information.
You may request to update and change your personal information at the contact information set forth below. We shall endeavour to correct or complete any personal information which you advise us is inaccurate or incomplete.
13. Children’s Privacy
14. E-mail Communications
WDI complies with Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) and we will not send you electronic communications in contravention of this law.
We will ensure that each email includes an opt-out feature and instructions on how to unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive future emails from WDI. You can unsubscribe using the link included in the email or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you do not expressly consent to receiving electronic communications, we will only communicate with you for the limited purposes permitted under CASL.
15. User Content in Comments, Chat Rooms and Message Boards
18. How to Contact Us
- see your personal information that you have already sent us so that you can correct, update or delete it from our files;
- added or removed from our mailing list,
- delete personal information from our files if your child under 13 has used this Site and sent us personal information;
- ask that we not send you electronic communications or otherwise contact you; or